Roots Covenant Church is rooted in the historic, apostolic Christian faith shared by billions of people around the world. Our desire is to embody the generous orthodoxy revealed in Scripture and supremely in Messiah Jesus of Nazareth, affirmed in the consensual creeds of the early church, and embodied in the life of Jesus’s followers throughout church history and across cultures.
As a church plant of our denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church, we also affirm the following:
- The centrality of the word of God
- The necessity of the new birth
- A commitment to the whole mission of the church
- The church as a fellowship of believers
- A conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit
- The reality of freedom in Christ
Unity with Diversity
We realize that not all Roots members or regular attenders will come to the same conclusions about what the Bible teaches. Yet we believe that our unity comes from our shared allegiance to Christ, not from absolute agreement about the interpretation of Scripture. We believe that if we exhibit the radical love of Christ, our differences and diversity will enrich our life together, not divide us.